Check your VA Loan Eligibility for free
U.S Veterans have access to arguably one of the nations best home loan options. The VA home loan also called the “GI Bill” or “Montgomery Bill” is guaranteed by Department of Veteran Affairs. We offer home loans to all eligible service member’s and can help you check your eligibility for free. Just click get started below.
Frequently asked questions
To be eligible for a VA loan Veterans, Active duty service members, National Guard members and Reservists must meet the basic service requirements set forth by the Department of Veteran affairs. Spouses of Military member’s who died while on active duty or as a result of a service connected disability may also be eligible.
Ultimately it is up to the VA to determine eligibility for the VA home loan program, but a prospective borrower can find out if they are VA loan eligible by filling out the simple no obligation form below. You can also access a List of eligibility requirements by Clicking here
- Will checking my eligibility hurt my credit score?– No, we do not require a credit pull to check VA eligibility and Issue a Certification of Eligibility (COE). For more info on how pulling your credit affects your credit click here.
- Am I eligible if I already have a VA loan? That depends on a few different factors, when you bought your home, and how much eligibility you have left, ect. Each situation is different and the easiest thing to do is Talk to our Experts, (518)324-5544.
- is Credit considered in a VA loan?- Technically the VA has no credit guidelines but lender overlays require atleast a 580-620+ credit score to qualify for a home loan. If you believe your credit score is too low to qualify give us a call at (518)324-5544 and one of our credit specialists will work with you to improve your credit.
- What other factors are considered when purchasing a home? – The four main Pillars of Home Financing are Credit, Income, Assets and the property you want to buy.
- What is the difference between a Pre-Qualification and a Pre-Approval? In simple terms a Pre-Qualification is issued without reviewing income and asset documents. A Pre-Approval means we have reviewed all the applicable documents on your file. For a more indepth look check out this Article.
- Do you have any more info for first time home buyers? Yes we do, this article will explain the whole process of buying a home. https://plattsburghmortgage.com/first-time-home-buyers/
Click Get Started below to find out your Va eligibility and speak to a VA specialist.